Please pay close attention to these forms. Some will need to be filled out by both the parent AND the physician.
Parents - In regards to your child needing to take medication at school, please read the following information:
Any medication, whether prescription, or over-the-counter, must be brought in by the student’s parent/guardian
- Medication to be given at school MUST:
o Be brought in, in its original container, by the student's parent/guardian
o Have the original pharmacy label on the container
o Have a prescription medication administration form signed by both the doctor and the parent/guardian
- Any medication change will require:
o A new doctor’s order
o A new, original pharmacy container and label
o A new prescription medication administration form signed by both the doctor and the parent/guardian
- All medication is kept in a locked cabinet in the clinic.
- Medications received by the school are tracked and logged on the student’s medication administration form.
- Medications are counted when parents bring in new medicine and are also counted monthly.
- Medication is tracked to make sure that the medication is not lost, stolen, or administered incorrectly.
For any questions, please call:
Mandy Sherrill, BSN, RN, LSN, CTTS.
(740) 454-4490 (Maysville Elementary)
(740) 454-7999 (Maysville 6-12)