In September of 2012, after retiring from a 30-year career with the Zanesville Police Department, I accepted a position with the Maysville Local School District as Director of Safety. My wife Tammy and I have lived in the Maysville Local School District for many years and both of our children, Cory and Keely, are Maysville graduates.
Since beginning my position as Director of Safety, my priority has been, and will continue to be, the safety of our students and staff members. In light of tragic events that have taken place in some of our nation's schools, it is important to inform students, parents, and employees of the Maysville Local schools that our school buildings have procedures in place to address emergency situations. School security will never be taken for granted. As your director of Safety, I will insist that school safety and security is a priority and to continuously look for improvements that can be made to keep our students and staff safe.
As Director of Safety, some of my duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To be responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating the district's Emergency Operations Plan.
- To work cooperatively with district administrators and staff to maintain a safe and health school environment.
- To work cooperatively with law enforcement, fire personnel, and the news media regarding school safety issues.
- To ensure compliance with state regulations regarding fire, tornado, school safety drills.
- To conduct training sessions with staff and students regarding school safety issues.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Ric Roush/Director of Safety
Maysville Local Schools